This Website is provided by Gauntlet Risk Management Limited ("Gauntlet Bus and Coach Insurance") in conjunction with those of our subsidiaries and trading styles which details are set out on the website (as may be amended from time to time).
Gauntlet Bus and Coach Insurance takes your privacy seriously and shall endeavour to protect it.
We also explain how we recognise your legal rights, including your right to a copy of your personal data as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
We are committed to complying with all relevant data protection legislation including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time.
How we obtain your personal data
We may collect and process the following data about you (which may include personal data and/or sensitive personal data):
- Information you provide by filling in forms on the Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Your name, company name, telephone number, email address and password. We may need this information in order to provide you with access to the Website and to ensure we can identify you.
How we use your personal data
Information that you or a third party provide to us about you (which may include personal data and/or sensitive personal data) will be used only for the following purposes (and subject to any preferences you have notified us of):
- We may share your personal data between Gauntlet Bus and Coach Insurance, and trading styles, who may contact you by mail, telephone, email or other electronic messaging service with offers of products, services and information which may be of interest to you. By providing us with your contact details you consent to being contacted by these methods and to our using your personal information for these purposes. Please contact us if you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or carefully selected companies.
- We may retain and disclose your personal data in order to comply with any statutory, legal or regulatory obligations. We are required to report details of any suspicious transactions to the Serious organisations Crime Agency and may need to forward information including personal data to them or related organisations. Similarly, we may also need to disclose information about our customers, including personal data, to certain bodies who have statutory powers, for example, the Department of Work and Pensions.
- We may share your personal data with carefully selected companies for marketing purposes. We or they may contact you by mail, telephone, email or other electronic messaging service with offers of products, services and information which may be of interest to you. By providing us with your contact details you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. Please contact us if you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or carefully selected companies.
- We intend to continue improving the content and function of our Website. For this reason, we may monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us improve the design and layout of our site and provide content of interest to you.
Keeping your information safe
Keeping your personal data accurate
Your legal rights
We are committed to delivering the rights that the Data Protection Act 1998 provides to individuals. Amongst these is the right to access personal data (Data Subject Access Request) that we hold about you. If you decide to exercise this right we will send you an application form so that you can assist us to locate all of the information that we hold. We will also request a fee in accordance with the Act. When we have received the completed form and the fee we will provide the information that meets the criteria specified in the Data Protection Act within 40 days. Telephone Calls We may monitor or record telephone conversations to enhance your security and ours, to enable us to handle complaints efficiently, improve our customer service and for staff training purposes. Other Information You should note that if our business (or any part of it) is sold or transferred at any time, the information we hold may form part of the assets transferred although will still only be used in accordance with this policy.
When you use this website we will collect basic information about the way you use the site during your visit. This information is used only for site navigation, systems administration and analytical purposes.
You can set your browser to reject cookies but if you do so you will be unable to enjoy full site functionality and some features of the site will be unavailable.
Occasionally we may hold personal data pursuant to the individual’s consent, such as data held on our client relationship management system. Where consent has been given, it may be withdrawn at any time by using our dedicated opt out form here or contacting Mandy Hill who is the firm’s Data Manager. Her email address is set out below.
The table below explains what cookies we use and why. This table was updated July 2018.
This is used to collect information about how visitors use the Sites. The cookies collect information anonymously, including the number of visitors to the Sites, where visitors have come to the Sites from and the pages they have visited. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the Sites. Click here for Google Privacy
This cookie is set by our content management system on arrival to the Gauntlet Bus and Coach Insurance website. It is not used by Gauntlet Bus and Coach Insurance and is deleted when the user closes their browser.
This cookie is not removed when you turn cookies off via our cookie tool as doing so may cause the website to function incorrectly.
Allow users to use our Chat Support